Do You Spit??

Thursday, September 27, 2007 | |



Scene 1

7.30 AM. 10 Meters away from my office, MG road Traffic Signal.

Early Morning ride in Bangalore is cool as the traffic will be in its low. I personally prefer to reach office at this time. Still 20 seconds left to see green light. My ipod was playing amazing jazz composition and I was enjoying it. All of a sudden one gentleman peeped out of his luxury car which was next to me, spat over my motorcycle front wheel!! I was so annoyed and thought of breaking his head. I literally gazed at him and before I could say something people started honking and I had to cross the signal. That is how my day started!

Scene 2

9.30 PM. Nandini, Koramangala

After eating up royal dinner, I was waiting outside the restaurant for my friend to get his motorcycle from basement parking space. I could see an auto-rickshaw nearing me. Few minutes later Transport reaches the place where I was standing and dropped two guys (dudes). One of them was already fagging and moment he got down he started spitting on road right next where he was standing. That was such an awkward situation for me as I had no choice looking at . As they left the scene, auto driver too left the place doing his part of job of spitting and he spat!!!

In Both the scenes which I mentioned above; Education, Rules, Regulations will not help our city to be clean. It just needs mere common sense in all individual. And I’m sure it will make a difference. When people are not bothered about self- cleanliness, how can they keep there city clean?

It looks so odd when people spitting on public places. We don’t think about next moment. I have seen people doing these kind of disgusting job and walking over it later unconsciously.

I don’t think Bangalore is only for Bangaloreans. We all live here and we have our own responsibilities. We all complain about dead government even after knowing the fact. But, what are we doing? Its only the individual difference can make a big difference in our country. If some reality shows motivates people to opt singing, why don’t we have something which will motivate us to keep our self and our surrounding clean? How many of us have our vehicle emission testing report? Very few I guess. It’s just because cops stopped asking for it. But, it will not stop polluting our city.

It’s our city, our country, our world…Let it be alive and Lets have a life!!

5 comments:

anksphenomenon said...

I totally second that...
PLEASE STOP SPITTING!
OUR COUNTRY DESERVES BETTER TREATMENT!!!

anksphenomenon said...

I totally second that...
PLEASE STOP SPITTING!
OUR COUNTRY DESERVES BETTER TREATMENT!!!

Anonymous said...

@ankit

Thanks for your comment!!:)

Ajan said...

i guess we need to have some rules added in the IPC to keep the roads clean... in this way, the roads will be clean and the govt. can have its tax stuff and fines frm the people who are adventerous enough to "aaakthooo" on the road..

Anonymous said...

@Ajan

he he..Very True..

Post a Comment