Blog!!! Social Responsibility!!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 | |

"Do Bloggers have a social responsibility!?” A question which is bothering me from last 2 days and thanks to Sam's weekend twittering job!! :). A concise explanation of Blog says, it is a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies.The impact on Society through blogging is a feeble effort I guess. Social Responsibility? Sounds good but, what is that now??

Our life is on fast track!! Days are literally flying and we are drifting towards our own virtual world. Web made world such a smaller molecule and what are we in it?? Atoms?? I guess so!! We talk about ourselves, we write about ourselves and we are hardly responsible for our own life. So, Society and Social Responsibility is far far away from our knowledge today.

Who doesnt want publicity?? Everybody!!! Today, even if you come out to do something for you society and nation??(We hardly think about it. because we belongs to different states you know) Media will treat you with excessive indulgence and you will obviously forget everything except name and fame you are getting!!

We have a hundreds of social networking websites in pool. We poke into it with an eye for self-satisfaction and self-pleasure. Don’t be surprised if you don’t remember the login name and password of orkut after logging out from facebook.It happens you know. You make everyone friend till you find someone to go out with her/him. You will come again to the URL only when he/she dumps you or vice versa.

Somewhere, Everyone's conscious mind knows about Society and its problems. But, Here we have such problems which can be complained but can not be solved. We can not mess our life just by trying to find a solution for it which is hardly respected by our fellow citizens. Yeah, we can try to show our frustration. Honestly, for me, it took some time to come to so called blogging world.I like this place as it shares more info about technology , human psychology and words which inspires me to live life little better than the one I lived and left yesterday.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I was impressed with your blog and was wondering how you inserted audio into your page. Would you please tell me? My email is shutterbuzz@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

wonderful post mannu! .. very few bloggers want to talk about what good their blog is doing to the world besides collating comments and adulation from readers. your the rare types who stop and think, .. inspires me. keep it up! :)

gypsy said...

hmmm...

thr goes the intellectual again...
whr do u get ideas from?LOL...ok, thanx for awarin me (us...shud i say that)...

ill try my best...

keep smilin...

Anonymous said...

@Sindhu

Oh Bunny!!! Thanks a lot and dont forget that you inspires many around you!! :)Keep Smiling!!

Anonymous said...

@Sinner

Neha!!

Thank you!! Ideas k liye paisa lagtha hai!! lol :P

Keep Smiling!!

curryegg said...

You like psychology too? Me too! ^^
I truely agree with what you've writen. I like publicity too. Haha... And I do think blogger do have social responsibility like what I am doing now, visiting your blog and leave a comment, hoping to make a friend with you.
However, I like to make it in a sincere way. If I don't feel like leaving a comment or I don't have the idea to leave one, I won't do it.

Have a nice day.
Thank for visinting my blog. :D

Aparna Ganguly said...

A web log maybe a journal but not strictly so. As you yourself put it:" I like this place as it (blogosphere)... inspires me to live life little better than the one I lived and left yesterday."
Sharing experiences/ideas expands our horizon of existence. My preferred type of blogging is, however, recounting of personal experiences which have a universal appeal. Something like an episode of Scrubs - a moral at the end - and a little something for everyone. As an author and a blogger , I'm still trying to learn that equipoise. Thanks for flying by my sky. Looking forward to your visit again :)

BD said...

Social responsibility? Hmmm...I have seen very few blogs that kinda help spread awareness and all. And those are mostly of the journalists working with news channels.

Otherwise, as you said, it's only about I.

Anonymous said...

@Curryegg


Thanks a lot for dropping in!! Keep Smiling ;)

Anonymous said...

@ Aparna


I Appreciate the way you have put your idea here..Thanks :)

Keep Smiling :)

Anonymous said...

@Equi

I agree with you. But sometime we hardly try to understand that Its 'I' which makes 'WE' :)

Thanks and Keep Smiling :)

Pallavi said...

Social Responsibility - YES..
Does everyone have it while blogging - MAY BE NOT

Anonymous said...

@Pallavi

Perfect..he he. Infact, we dont try I guess.

Thanks..Keep Smiling :)

Post a Comment