In the Name of Love

Sunday, December 9, 2007 | |




If there is something, which is undefined in this world and I think that would be; arguably, the word 'Love'. Different People, Different Perception, Different Idea and the Different Meaning.

Years ago, when I was still in my silly schooldays and my mom's dining table gossips about neighborhoods Amitha aunt’s daughter's relationship saga. "Oh my god. I found her in mall with that guy and they are roaming from quite some days I believe. How could she do this? She has come from such a conservative family and Love??" At that moment, I found a new definition for Love. When a Guy and a Girl starts roaming with holding each others hand, People call it Love!


My College days, My College mate who completely dedicated his nights not for books but to talk with his Girl whom he lately introduced to me as his 'Girlfriend'. It took me couple of days to understand the meaning of girlfriend. Yet again, 'They' said, 'It' means 'Love'. One more definition. A new generation guy asked for girlfriend to show that he is in Love and to boost him, you gotta hundreds of TV channels with different programs for all these love birds. Finally Love has been commercialized!!! Agreed?

A week back, somebody called me soon after his girlfriend dumped him for her own self pleasure. Heart broken he was crying big time and new philosopher has been introduced to the world. He says; Love is Pain!!!

After long time, last Saturday, I have been walking around Jayanagar 4th Block. It was evenfall and I love to walk alone. I found them in near by park and they were disgusting. They were not the lonely couples in that park. Unintentionally, many such couples crossed over my eyes. Couple of days back .I had read about them in newspaper. Senior citizens can not step into the parks because of them as the scenes are pretty embarrassing for anybody. All these morons call themselves Lovers. Unfortunately they spoiled the meaning of Love.

I don’t think we are ready for one night stand and call it as love. We still have our own elders who ask priest for our first night celebration!! .At least in these matters, India's base is pretty strong :). Anyways, People, who all are in love, please feel it and Don't embarrass anybody who really respects the Love.

Yes.. Let me conclude with this..Love is a beautiful emotion.. feel it!!! "True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked--Erich Segal" he he :)

Keep Smiling!!!

Credits:
Image
Quotes

20 comments:

Insomniac said...

too true!! its a part of aunties gossip, moral police, tabloids,scandals,etc.. but the essence is really not there.. all messsed up..
lets try not to be too commercial and stereotypical!!! anyways nice try trying to define the undefinable :)

Aparna Ganguly said...

:) Nice post. At the end we are all clueless. Love isn't the adrenaline pumping in prurient youngsters or gossip running in a racy red dress ahead of news. Love just is. It is the belief that someone would be happy to see us at the end of the day. Or feel glad to lie side by side just holding hands. It is the fragrance that lingers when your loved one hugs you goodbye and you don't know when you will see him/her next but you hope it is soon. All my life I believed that I know what love means but I feel disenchanted today. It's a lot more than I could have ever known. Just as I said- love just is.

ManojVasanth said...

@Insomniac

Right!!! If you love somebody and I dono't think you need to prove it.

Thanks..Keep Smiling :)

ManojVasanth said...

@Aparna

I think, this is one of the most powerful emotions of human. It can do anything.Even if you are pretending not to speak about it, You will feel it inside..and that will be immense.


Thanks..Keep Smiling :)

Sam said...

beautiful!!!!
u've captured the a little bit of the essence of love.. frankly, wot we see nowadays i'm not sure how many of those would i term love or may be a call of social pressure!!!
but then, u have it arnd u.. cannot help it!!
and frankly, love is an emotion which would make tolerate the greatest of distances, the uncertainty of the next meet, the faithlessness of the clock which ticks away too fast wen together and slow wen apart, a yearning felt even though apart for 5 min, looking back at the road they've walked, smelling their fragrance long after they've gone... probably in a different city, laughing, crying, love is the purest of friendship with a dash of selfishness!! :)

ManojVasanth said...

@Sam

Very True :).Unfortunately, Today the crave for it is more than anything for in this country. This is the obvious reason to take some stupid step and gain all the pain for ourselves and others!.Somewhere we have become very selfish too..Its only 'I' is what matters now

Thanks..Keep Smiling :)

curryegg said...

Agree!
Love is a beautiful emotion... haha... Shall I add... love is complicated with emotion as well? haha...

Nice post! You must be a very sentimental person?
;)

ManojVasanth said...

@Curryegg

No No..he he ..Its Senti+Mental. lol :P

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

True.Public display of love is cool up to some level. It should not cross the boundaries.
But on the other side who defines those boundaries?

ManojVasanth said...

@Thej

Very True... And I think, publicized will not stay for long!

Thanks :)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Very true and a very well written sensitive subject :)

gypsy said...

ahem ahem...(M BACK MV)
well, it seems, MV u r in trble...HEHHEHEHE...

nyways...love talks hn...its a mess...and mess is always satisfactry...:) u know what i mean...

love is LOVE man...why do one need to describe it...its hell, its heaven, its pain, its fun, its beautiful, it is the worse...

it is a complex thing...GAME ON!!!

ManojVasanth said...

@Pk

Thanks :)

Pilot-Pooja said...

Nice post!
But the mystery stil prevails!!

ManojVasanth said...

@DS

Neha, Shoot me if I talk about Love again...he he :D

Thanks :) keep smiling :)

ManojVasanth said...

@pooja

Thank you ji!! Yeah...True.. Mistery for man and history for woman :)

Thanks:)

Pallavi said...

:)) Good one. I agree with every bit of it.. Though i wonder how much more longer the base would be strong..

ManojVasanth said...

@Pallavi

True. Unfortunately, when love happens to you, you will be very sure about its base I guess!!

AG said...

heyaa
well said
love is all that n more
thats y its caled love
lolzz

ManojVasanth said...

@Aditi

yes...True...he he

Keep Smiling :)

Post a Comment